- How to tie your Karate belt
Find the centre of the belt and place against your stomach.
- Take the ends of the belt behind your back
Take the ends of the belt behind your back and back to the front.
- Cross the ends of the belt right over left
- Tuck the belt in
Tuck the right end under BOTH strands (so it is next to your tummy) and pull tight
- Put the left end over the right end of the belt.
- The right hand goes through the formed loop and pulls the left end through the loop and out
- Pull tight and allow the ends to hang symmetrically
A video of this is available at http://youtu.be/AaEcfvy1a3A
This advice works just as well for Taekwondo, Kickboxing, Karate, Judo, Ju Jitsu and other traditional Martial Arts with belt systems.