The Culture of our Academy
Our ‘Culture for all’ exists so that everyone in the school; instructors, volunteer staff, students and parents alike, know exactly what is expected of them and what they should expect of others.
Culture for all
- All those interacting within the Academy are expected to be positive, enthusiastic and conscious of their role in helping to create an atmosphere of fun and excitement, engendering a ‘can do’ spirit in all.
- Staff and instructors should be treated with respect by all, at all times, as they are there to help.
- The facility and all equipment provided should be treated respectfully and looked after to ensure its continued availability for use. Equipment used and worn in the Academy will be subject to inspection and approval by the chief instructor before use.
- Students and parents of young students should be treated with respect by all, at all times, as they are there to learn and facilitate the learning of younger students.
- The instructors, parents and students that come into our Academy do not gossip about other students, parents or instructors at any time.
- The instructors, parents and students that come into our Academy do not carry bad feeling towards others within the Academy.
- Any complaints shall be dealt with using the Academy’s complaints procedure, a copy of which is available from reception.
- Dress codes within the Academy will be adhered to by all Instructors and students alike.
- Cleanliness is a pre requisite for training in our Academy. Personal hygiene standards are expected to be high and uniforms are also expected to be clean at the beginning of all classes. Fingernails and toenails must be short, long hair tied back and no jewellery can be worn.
- Instructors, students and parents of students in our Academy are positive, enthusiastic, caring individuals that combine to make our school a centre for enjoyment and development in our community.