Tai Chi is well known as an exercise practised for health by many people in the Far East. Less well known is the fact that it is also a very practical and effective Martial Art. Tai Chi is suitable for all ages and all abilities.
The online web definition of Tai Chi from Princeton.edu provides a good outline of some of the major aspects of the art:- “A Chinese system of slow meditative physical exercise designed for relaxation and balance and health.”
Regular practice of Tai Chi has a number of benefits to it’s practice, including the practice of:-
– Relaxation and Wellbeing
– Posture and Good Breathing
– Mental Awareness and Concentration
– A low impact form of exercise
– Core Strength
– Injury and post operative rehabilitation
Through skillful and thoughtful Tai Chi practice we develop the skills and mindset to help us to take control and responsibility for own health and the clarity and focus to empower our lives.
“Tai Chi classes can help you take control of your life and health!”
The Shikon Tai Chi System
Our Basingstoke club practices the Yang style of Tai Chi, in our classes as taught to us by Steve Rowe, Shikon Martial Arts‘ Chief Instructor who was a direct student of Mary Yang, the daughter of the Founder. Our syllabus is suitable for anyone of any age and is progressive, we use the most modern coaching methods to teach this ancient Chinese art.
The curriculum includes:
- Nei Gong – meditation and standing exercises to help improve health, body control and Martial skills.
- Qigong (Chi Kung) – To help both exercise and also help the body to develop healing skills
- Tai Chi Forms (Beginners through to advanced)
- Pushing Hands
- Applications to the formss
- Double Edged Sword
- Two Person Form
The Shi Kon Tai Chi system is widely taught within workplaces, schools, hospitals and community groups as well at club locations across Europe.
Book Your Free Taster Session