We are excited to let you know that this year Shin Gi Tai are running our first ever Katathon event. Over the years we are proud to have supported many local and national good causes. Each year we always pick a charity to support that we can identify with and is important to us as a club.
This year we will be running a week long event to help the Muller family raise money for Myeloma UK. who deliver programmes, services and research that meet the needs of everyone affected by Myeloma. They assist patients and their families by providing information about this type of cancer and the options available for care and treatment of the disease.
All club members are invited to take part in this event and help raise money for the vital work that Myeloma UK do.
Everyone will have the opportunity to take part in the following ways:
- All members will have sponsorship forms to be provided in class and justgiving details https://www.justgiving.com/ShinGiTai-Katathon
- You will be asked to raise sponsorship money for completing katas and forms There will be a prize for most money raised.
- All classes during w/c 22nd May will include a Katathon section where everyone will be asked to do forms or katas which will be recorded so that we can keep a tally.
- On SATURDAY MAY 28th from 1pm – 4pm we will run our Katathon MAIN EVENT where all members are asked to come along and support in the following ways:
- Complete Kata and forms and raise sponsorship
- Keep a tally for those doing Kata
- Come along, donate money, buy raffle tickets and have fun
- (There will be prizes on the day for different things and will include Best Kata, Best Dad, Best Mum + others)
- You don’t have to attend all of this session, you can come and do little bits.
How can you help?
As well as being here and involved in the event we are asking you to help by donating raffle prizes and selling raffle tickets please.
Raffle tickets will be available to purchase in the office as of Thursday May 12th as well as on the day. Please encourage family members to buy tickets or donate money either by cash, cheque (made payable to Myeloma UK) or via our JustGiving Page. https://www.justgiving.com/ShinGiTai-Katathon
***It would be particularly helpful if any of you who have business links could approach companies and organisations to see whether they would be kind enough to donate raffle prizes.
Please would you all share our JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/ShinGiTai-Katathon
and encourage friends and family to support your children/yourselves in effort to raise some money for a great cause while doing what we do best and pulling together as a team.
Enter our KataCount competition:
How many forms/Katas do you think we can do in a week?
Pay £1 per entry (This is a great game for the kids to take part in) Fill in your name and the amount of katas/forms you think we will manage on the form in the office. Closest to the actual number will win a goody bag.
If you have any questions or would like to offer your (much needed) support or if you have companies or organisations who would like to support our fundraiser please contact Mandi on: mandi.miles (at) basingstokekarate.com
We know that as a team we can accomplish great things. Let’s make this event a great success.
Sensei Bryan, Sensei Lindsey and all the team.